The Arcangelos Chamber Ensemble
MUSIC TO RELAX is designed to calm the mind and unwind the body.
Simplified harmonies, the mid-range sounds of viola, alto flute,
cello, and piano, and elegant compositions make this an exceptionally
peaceful and fulfilling listening experience.
RELAX, created for rest and revitalization, is an album of unique
proportions: masterworks by Schumann, Chopin, Beethoven, Schubert,
Vivaldi, Corelli, and Bach provide the canvas upon which master
players from Arcangelos improvise. Improvised classical music is
quite rare. However, in the hands of sensitive and skilled craftsmen,
we now have the opportunity to experience what was commonly done
in the 17th and 18th centuries. Bach, Mozart, Beethoven and their
contemporaries were highly respected for improvisational skills
and adaptations of other composer's music.
the finest filigree, this music is superbly balanced; it is spacious
and delicate. Truly, the unique arrangements of beautiful melodies
ensure that hearts are calm and tranquility prevails.
usage: Serene environments, relaxed work and study space.
Produced by Richard Lawrence and Joshua Leeds, 1999.
"SOUND HEALTH / RELAX" was originally released as "Hearts of Calm."
Instrumentation: Classical chamber ensemble. 40-60 beats per minute.
1. Arioso Johann Sebastian Bach [7:35]
2. Adagio from Piano Concerto No. 5 Ludwig van Beethoven [6:00]
3. Largo from Sonata No.3, Op. 58 Frederic Chopin [4:52]
4. Adagio from Concerto Grosso Opus 6, No. 8 Arcangelo Corelli [6:21]
5. Piano Trio in Bb Franz Schubert [5:08]
6. Air from Orchestral Suite #3 in D Major Johann Sebastian Bach [5:41]
7. Concerto in Cmi BMV 1060 Johann Sebastian Bach [3:44]
8. Largo from Violin Concerto, Opus 3, No. 6 Antonio Vivaldi [10:55]
9. Traumerei Robert Schumann [6:21]
10. Arioso Johann Sebastian Bach [3:06]
TOTAL Ê [60:00]