• Joshua Leeds (Music producer, sound researcher, author of The Power of Sound and Sonic Alchemy)
• David Gibson (Founder of California Recording Institute, creator of The Virtual Mixer, author of The Art of Mixing.)
• Intensive: October 12-14, 2002; 9:00am-6:00 pm
• Intensive: February 15-17, 2003; 9:00am-6:00 pm
• Local: October 12, 19, 26, 2002; 9:00am-6:00 pm
• Add'l seminars: May '03, July '03
San Francisco Bay Area
• $400 (Early registration. Must be received 30 days prior to seminar)
• $500 (Normal registration fee)
Checks, Visa, and MasterCard accepted.
A downloadable (pdf) registration form will be available in the next few weeks. In the meantime, further information can be obtained by calling Joshua Leeds (415.339.1392) or David Gibson (650.324.0464).
Space reservation and payment can be sent to:
1001 Bridgeway, PMB 716
Sausalito, CA 94965 USA
• Introduction to Psychoacoustics
• The 11 Aspects of Recorded Music
• The Physics of Sound
• The Ear/Brain Connection
• The Physics of Sound (from an engineering perspective):3D sound processing, sound transmission through air, resonance in rooms, harmonic structure of sound, volume perception and measurement, envelopes, phase cancellation.
• Recording Technology - Function and Operation:
Equipment and Digital Audio (Digital Performer and Pro Tools)
• Anatomy of Psychoacoustic Music Production (pre-production)
• Sonic-Neuro Technologies (post-production: Binaural beat frequencies and Filtration/Gating)
• Anatomy of Psychoacoustic Mixing Production -
Mixing Theory: volume, panning, EQ, effects, how to use equipment to create different styles of mixes, exploring psychoacoustics with recording equipment utilizing the Virtual Mixer concept.
• Continue Anatomies...
• Practical demonstration and application of principles.
• Questions / answers.